WP Engine is the VIP of managed WordPress Hosting. They offer fully managed WordPress hosting with speed, security and support for companies of all sizes. Leading the market, they boast an impressive list of customers that includes Yelp, Pandora, Thomson Reuters, National Geographic and PBS, to name a few. It’s bar-none, the number one host we recommend to our clients looking for hassle-free WordPress hosting.
#1 WordPress Hosting Platform
Versatile and popular, WordPress powers millions of websites leading many hosting services to focus on the content management system (CMS). WP Engine took it a step further and didn’t just focus on it, they devoted their entire hosting platform to WordPress and only offer WordPress-based hosting.
WordPress is all they do, and they do it the best. Their servers are literally built for it, everyone on their support team is an expert in it, and for the price, their features are unmatched. WP Engine offers high-quality, managed hosting with excellent uptime, WordPress-oriented security, cloud platform flexibility, daily backups, and a slew of other terrific features and only a few minor downsides.
Pros of WP Engine
- Fast Loading Times – WP Engine’s proprietary EverCache caching technology was built specifically for WordPress and is designed to move hundreds of millions of hits per day, meaning your site runs faster with less strain on resources.
- Advanced Security Tools – WP Engine keeps your site safe and secure with proactive threat detection, managed WordPress hosting updates, daily backups, plugin and theme vulnerability monitoring, free SSL certificates, data encryption, free hacking remediation by their WordPress experts and more.
- Reliability – WP Engine offers enterprise-grade performance that can handle large spikes in traffic without slowing down your site.
- Award-Winning WordPress Support – Every single person on WP Engine’s support team is a trained WordPress expert and you’ll have 24/7, global access to them.
- Reviews to Back Their Claims – Customers, critics, internet gurus, developers and business owners all agree: WP Engine is the best WordPress hosting platform when it comes to reliability, security and customer service.
Cons of WP Engine
- Disallowed Plugins – There is a list of plugins WP Engine does not allow you to install and if they are on your site they will eventually be removed. These are plugins that the hosting company has determined negatively impact performance or security on their platform.
- No Domain Registrations – Choosing to focus solely on WordPress hosting services, WP Engine does not offer domain name registrations. This means you’ll need to register your domains with a different company.
- Cost – WP Engine is not the cheapest hosting platform, but you get what you pay for and when you consider all the services they offer, WP Engine is certainly worth what they charge – if not more.
What WP Engine’s Award-Winning WordPress Support Looks Like
WP Engine offers high-quality, advanced and comprehensive managed WordPress hosting. Needing their customer service or support is not a regular occurrence, but you can rest assured that they are there when you need them, with the help and support you need.
- WordPress Experts – WP Engine has a dedicated support team of WordPress experts
- 97% Customer Satisfaction – With thousands of customer interactions a day, WP Engine boasts an over 97% customer satisfaction rating.
- 24/7 Availability – Their award-winning support is available 24/7.
- Continuous Improvement – WP Engine has a dedicated Customer Experience Operations team whose purpose is to improve the WP Engine customer experience.
- Online Support Center – WP Engine has an online support center full of knowledge-based articles, how-to guides and tutorials for users wanting to troubleshoot on their own.
What WP Engine’s Advanced Web Security Looks Like
With a dedicated WordPress security team and enterprise-grade technology, WP Engine’s security can’t be beat. Not by hackers or by other hosting platforms.
- 26B+ Attacks Blocked Each Year – Through continuous monitoring, automated updates, proactive threat detection and edge protection, WP Engine blocks more than 72 million attacks each day while keeping your website vulnerabilities up to date.
- Realtime Threat Detection & Daily Monitoring – WP Engine performs daily malware scans and has an enterprise-grade firewall that’s also updated daily.
- Automatic Updates – The WordPress core is automatically updated so you’ll always be running on latest version. Worry-free too, since WP Engine always thoroughly test the updates before upgrading.
- Daily Site Backups – WP Engine automatically backs up your site every single day.
- 360° Security – In addition to WP Engine’s proprietary intrusion detection and prevention system, they partner with third-party security firms to conduct regular code reviews and security audits to make sure you’re protected from every angle.
- Free SSL Certificate – Anyone looking to sell products on their website will want a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate to safeguard the data sent from a customer’s computer to your site’s servers. WP Engine tosses one in free of charge with your hosting subscription.
- Free Hacking Remediation – WP Engine guarantees your security to the point that if you do happen to get hacked, their WordPress-trained security experts will fix it for free.
WordPress Hosting for Every Size Business
WP Engine offers managed WordPress hosting plans tailored for small businesses, high-traffic enterprises, online stores, developers and agencies. Each WP Engine plan offers different levels for further customization, guaranteeing a model that fits your needs.
WP Engine Hosting Plans
All WP Engine Hosting plans include:
- 24/7 Support
- Free Automated Migrations
- Free SSL & SSH
- Daily Backups
- One-Click Staging & Testing Environment
Unique WordPress Features
Since it was made specifically for hosting WordPress websites, WP Engine offers some unique features for WordPress that most hosts either don’t offer or charge extra for. These include:
- WordPress Comes Pre-Installed
- 10 Premium Themes
- Easy Transfer from Free to Paid Accounts
- Git Version Control System
- Managed WP & PHP
#1 Recommended WP Hosting Platform
We really can’t recommend WP Engine enough for our business and eCommerce clients. It is by far, the number one hosting platform we recommend. If you have any questions about the different features and options, you can read about them on WP Engine’s website or give us a call at (414) 232-7862. We’d be happy to talk through your specific hosting needs and what WP Engine options we think are right for you.